Different types of beverages are a must-have part of our lives. The high demand for beverages is the reason why a wholesale beverage distribution business is so profitable. The lucrativeness of a beverage business can be understood from the fact that every year the beverage industry brings in roughly $225 billion in revenue.
It can be quite challenging to make your place in such a competitive market. However, it is possible by choosing reliable suppliers and offering a variety of quality beverages to your customers. Here is a list of some most-selling non-alcoholic beverages that you should offer to your clients:
- Sparkling Drinks
- Energy drinks
How to Choose a Perfect Beverage Distributor?
You should consider the following factors before choosing a beverage distributor for your business:
- Get Some Samples: Before choosing beverage distributors, you should make sure that they provide excellent quality drinks. You should ask the potential distributors to send you some samples. This will also allow you to determine if the beverages are up to the highest quality health standards.
- Go for a Variety of Drinks: You should always select beverage distributors who offer a wide range of beverages. This is the only way to ensure that you have everything that your customers need. Also, it will allow you to easily meet your sales targets.
- Know the Return Policy: Beverages require the utmost secure packaging to be delivered safely. Despite the best packaging and secure shipping, many beverage units may get destroyed. To avoid the risk of such loss, you should ask about the return policy before choosing a beverage distributor. You should always choose beverage distributors once you are satisfied with their return and exchange policy.
- Ask for Complete Details: Before choosing a beverage distributor, you should also notice if the distributor provides all details about the sample products. A reliable distributor would be able to tell you about the production process, ingredients, expiration, etc., of the beverages. You should always choose such a distributor to avoid low-quality beverages.
- Check the MOQ Restriction: Several beverage distributors set a minimum order quantity restriction on their orders. It is important to ask about the MOQ limit before making a deal with the distributor. Knowing about the MOQ is also important because you may need a lesser quantity of beverages than the MOQ limit. So asking about the MOQ restriction beforehand will save you from any type of shock at the time of order placement.
Is a beverage distribution business successful?
Yes, a beverage distribution business can be highly profitable, given that you offer a variety of beverages to your customers. The lucrativeness of this business is also due to the large number of consumers it may serve.
What is the target market for beverages?
Children, adolescents, and young adults are considered to be the target market for beverages. People start consuming various types of beverages at an early age. That is why young adults and children are considered to be an exciting target market for all types of drinks.
How do I start a beverage distribution business?
You can start a beverage distribution business by following the steps mentioned below:
- Know the market
- Build a business plan
- Fulfill legal requirements
- Choose your suppliers
- Figure out a location and inventory space
- Promote your business
- Start selling
What is the fastest-growing product in the drink industry?
According to Blue Cart, the fastest-growing segment of the beverage industry is bottled water. Between 2021 and 2026, the bottled water segment is expected to grow at a 7.4% annual growth rate.